Every Indian Company is required to maintain Statutory Registers under Companies Act, 2013 at the registered office of the Company. Non-Compliance by the company in maintaining Statutory Registers could result in a fine not less than Rs. 1 lakh, which may extend to Rs. 10 lakh. Officers of the company may also be punishable by imprisonment for a term which may extend to 6 months or with a fine not less than Rs. 25000 which may extend to Rs. 1 lakh.
List of Statutory Registers to maintained under Companies Act, 2013:
- Register of Directors and KMPs
- Register of Deposits
- MGT 1 – Register of Members
- MGT 2 – Register of Debenture Holders
- Index of Members
- Index of Debenture Holders
- Register and Index of Beneficial Owner
- MGT 3 – Foreign Register of Members, Debenture Holders, other security holders or beneficial owners residing outside India.
- SH 2 – Register of renewed and duplicate share certificates
- SH 3 – Register of Sweat Equity Shares
- SH 6 – Register of Employee Stock Option
- SH 10 – Register of Stocks or Securities Bought Back
- CH 7 – Register of Charges
- MBP 2 – Register of Loan/Guarantee / Security and Acquisition by Company
- MBP 3 – Register of Investments not held in its own name
- MBP 4 – Register of Contracts or Arrangements in which Directors are interested
Note: If you have any query or question please comment in the comment box blow or contact us. We would love to help you.