The Food Standards and Safety Authority of India (FSSAI) is responsible for regulating and supervising the food safety. Obtaining a FSSAI certificate has now become mandatory for all manufacturers, traders, restaurants and all those involved in food business, commonly known as Food Business Operators (FBOs).It is mandatory for all the Food Business Operators (FBOs) in order to obtain a food service license.
The misunderstanding or confusion which is among the FBOs is the license which the businessman is required to obtain. The FSSAI works toward setting scientific standards for articles of food, to regulate their manufacturing, storage, distribution, sales, and import. It is mandatory for any startup or company with a plan to enter the food retail business to get an FSSAI license. This is started by the Government of India to ensure the food produced, distributed or imported set by the food authority and thereby avoid problems such as adulteration and inferior qualities of food.
This article focus on the different types of food handlers license which is issued by the authority.
In FSSAI there are three different types of food licenses:
- Central License for enterprises with a turnover of over Rs. 20 lacs
- State License for single-state hotels, restaurants, and medium-sized food manufacturers with annual turnover of Rs. 12 lacs to Rs. 20 lacs
- Basic Registration for single-state businesses with annual turnover of under Rs. 12 lacs
FSSAI License Applicable to:
As per new FSSA Rules, 2011 all existing and new Food Business Operators (FBO) has to mandatory convert their existing PFA, FPO, MMPO Licenses to new FSSA License. It is mandatory to obtain FSSAI License before
The three licenses, however, differ on the basis of the scale of operation of the food business which is being carried out. The following is the detailed information on the three food licenses.
- Central License: Central food license obtaining under food business operators such as the Importers, Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports etc . The Central license is issued by the Central Government.
- State License: FBO’s like small to medium sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however need to obtain the Fssai State License .This License is issued by the State Government and in only 1 state.
- Basic Registration: The Food business operators like petty food manufacturers and also the small-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc are thus required to obtain the FSSAI Registration. The FSSAI Registration is however issued by the State Government.
We are fssai license consultant & fssai registration agent offer FBOs to obtain food service license in the less time so that they can start business comfortably. From filling the FSSAI application form to obtaining the right license, our FSSAI experts will guide you on the Licensing procedures & provide solutions to all your queries.